We have 13 hours until we have to be at the hospital! We have to be there at 10 AM, and my section is at 12:20 PM. I am SO excited. I'm really going to miss being pregnant, but I can't wait to see him, and hold him.
There is another sister in the ward who had her baby this morning. It'll be nice to be in there with her....if I even see her.
We've cleaned, set everything up, and packed all out bags in the car. I'm so excited!!!
For those who have had C-sections, how long are you generally in recovery? I'm thinking like a regular surgery, but I have no idea....
Blonde moment, shots, and advertising.
12 years ago

2 comments:
You are usually in recovery for a couple hours, unless there are complications. you'll be really COLD and then in lots of pain as your body comes out of the spinal block. Don't be afraid to ask for as much pain meds as you need. Then, they'll take you to your room. They usually try to get you to get up out of bed within the first 24 hours (this is THE most painful thing, but try as hard as you can). Hopefully Adam will get to be there with you. I didn't have that luxury! I'll be thinking about you....just remember that the pain is only for a while!!! Love you lots!!!
Usually for at least an hour or two. You might have the shakes for a little while. At least I did, and they told me that a lot of people do. (It's from anesthesia). But, I didn't hurt yet, and I could hold and nurse my baby and I even talked on the phone. I don't want to set you up for all of that because your placenta previa might make things different. Nancy is more of an expert than I am.
Post a Comment