Today was fun. Last night at work, I was throwing up when I went to stand up, and wouldn't you know it, I passed out. I've barely been able to eat lately. You could seriously sit down and eat in one meal what I've eaten in the past week. So, today I went to the ER oncemore to have IV fluids and meds for nausea. I was basically told to get used to it because if, at 17 weeks, it's still this bad, I'll likely have this for the rest of my pregnancy. So, that's where I'm at..... I'm drinking the most nutrient filled things I can (which are, BTW, the most disgusting), and eating bites of food here and there. Somehow, I'm managing to keep my prenatal vitamin down each day.
Istarted back on prozac this week. I didn't want to. In fact, the doctor really didn't want to put me on it, but I couldn't take the depression anymore. I was in a fog and couldn't concentrate on anything, I barely talked, I didn't want to see anyone or do anything, so I went back on the smallest dose of prozac. I feel like a failure for it, but it will only be for the second trimester. Hopefully, by then, my life will be less chaotic, and I'll have made enough positive changes to be able to do without it for the third trimester and while nursing. We shall see.
I guess today is technically my first Mother's Day. I doubt anyone will do anything for me though. That's fine though. I don't really have any kids to do anything for me, so....yeah. I guess my dad got me flowers, and my mom got me a package of newborn onesies.
Other than that, I'm sick, I'm bored, and I'm reading. Life is.....interesting, I suppose.
Blonde moment, shots, and advertising.
12 years ago

2 comments:
I love you Molls. Happy Mother's Day. That's not fun that you're having so much sickness with the pregnancy. Prenatals are sometimes hard to keep down--I learned that if I didn't eat anything with them then my upchuck reflexes would inevitably begin. It's good that your back on prozac, I know you don't want to be. I just want you to be happy. I hope that everything calms down for you so you can get off of it again. So, I'm coming home in like 5 weeks--aren't you excited??? :p
I love you and hope you feel better soon.
Why do you feel like a failure for taking care of yourself? You need to make this experince as positive as you can since you feel so sick. Keep your chin up! We are behind you.
Post a Comment