Apparently, I'm doing a lot better than most women that have C-sections. I had my catheter taken out this morning, along with my epidural (where I have a HUGE bruise that we got a picture of), and have been up, moving around all day.
Adam and I are finally making some progress nursing. Mom showed me a couple things and they have been working. He's so little.... My breasts are bigger than his head (and my milk hasn't even come in yet), so I'm afraid I'm going to smother him or something. We gave him a pacifier today hoping it would stimulate sucking. Luckily, it worked really well, and now he's latching on a lot better. I'm sure you all wanted to hear about that....
Anyway, I'm pretty drugged up and Bob and I are getting ready to watch the VP debate. It should be interesting. I promise, pics are on their way, Bob has been busy today.
I'm doing well, Adam is as cute as ever....all is right with the world!
Blonde moment, shots, and advertising.
12 years ago

3 comments:
Hee hee! I love to hear updates. You are doing so wonderful.And I love how happy you are! Speaking of nursing,just don't be like some women and nurse your baby anywhere. True story: I was with Ben in Walmart 2 weeks ago. We rounded a corner to go down another aisle and right there was a woman standing there nursing her baby! There wasn't much you couldn't see-she was all exposed. I turned Ben's head and steered him to the next aisle. I pretended we were dancing. He never saw, thankfully.
I'm so glad you are able to nurse Adam. My babies were always tied up with so many wires and tubes that I couldn't even hold them for a couple days. I love hearing the progress. Love you lots!!!
I agree with Stefanie-- I could tell some stories too. But, I'm so glad you are doing alright! It sounds like you are enjoying your first days as a mom. I hope you can go home soon.
Post a Comment